Great opportunity for proactive, self-motivated LPN or RN. Monday to Friday with rotating on-call.
Case manage medical needs of individuals with intellectual disabilities for four CLA homes in the Quakertown area. Ensure that each individual receives quality medical supports that meet or exceed agency and regulatory requirements. Work in assigned homes in close cooperation with Home Managers and program staff to meet the health and welfare of the residents. Participate in planning from preadmission to discharge of individuals supported and maintain close communication with residents, staff, community physicians, medical facilities, day program providers and family members. Participate as a member of individual treatment teams for assigned homes; develop and train associates and consumers in related health matters; provide staff training in medication administration and conduct monitoring of medication practices and documentation in the homes.
The Nurse works primarily daytime hours with flexibility for early morning and late afternoon hours. 50% of the nurse’s work time occurs in the homes when the individuals are present to role model consistent medical support to individuals. The Nurse may be expected to fulfill portions of other nursing staff duties in the absence of that nursing staff. This position will assume nursing on-call rotational responsibilities as scheduled. (generally one week rotations every 5 –6 weeks with additional compensation(.
- Valid Pennsylvania LPN or RN license.
- Previous experience working with people having intellectual disabilities preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to listen and communicate well with others
- Valid driver’s license in state of residence and acceptable driving record according to agency policy.
- Computer skills helpful
- Some non-traditional hours required to meet the needs of the individuals.
- BARC Developmental Services offers a competitive wage for the industry and a comprehensive benefit package after 60 days of employment. EOE
- Job Type: Full-time